Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hold On To Your Hats And Your Breakfast

I've decided that there's much to be said for not running in the morning but instead running at night. For a start, I get an extra half an hour in bed, that's as well as feeling more up for it later on, when it's lighter and warmer. So I get the bus into Derby city centre, wearing my running kit (for later), ignoring the disapproving side glances.

Then I do a gentle jog from the city centre to work, which isn't promising because my knees feel positively arthritic.

It's survey time again, and this is truly shocking, so hold on to your hats and your breakfast. Wait for it... Doner kebabs are unhealthy. There you go, bet you never saw that one coming.

Officials from 76 councils sampled a total of 494 kebabs to test their nutritional value. I hope they entered into the spirit of things and got legless first because no one buys a kebab when sober. They're simply not edible if you are.

Under the supermarket 'traffic light' system, all the lights would turn red because they discovered that the average doner contained almost 1,000 calories and contained 98% of an adult's recommended daily salt and 148% of their daily saturated fat allowance.

L emails to say she's sloshed from the lunchtime leaving do she's been to. She doesn't mention if she's hit the kebabs yet.

Despite treating her liver to another dose of happiness, she still manages a run in the evening with Doggo, whilst I take MD to his class.

No comments:

Post a Comment