Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Time To Up Those Revolutions

It's not so much a resolution as a bid to up those 'revolutions' and I powered it in to work this morning. My times have really been tailing off in the last few months, I used to cycle to work in under 55 minutes but now it's generally taking me around the hour mark. I did better today and got it back down to 55 but it still needs work to get it down to my PB of just under 51.

Well that's it. I've arrived in John O'Groats. So on to the next challenge. L reckons it should be to emulate that chap on the much-played Orange adverts and cycle around the world.

Our star collie is understandably a bit tired this morning after his award winning performance last night and pretty much refused to walk, spending almost the entire walk biting his lead. I shall look forward to re-creasing him this evening, when he starts an obedience class with me.

L, and for that matter Daughter, has gone boots man recently. As in footwear, not the chemist. Not that I'm complaining, I like a girl in boots, so I ordered L another pair in the sales and they are delivered to work this morning. She's keen to try them out tonight. I'm keen for her to do so too, unfortunately I'm not sure how I'm going to get them home on my bike. I could wear them but I'd probably look at bit daft and they might be a bit mucky by the time she gets them.

I opt to stick with my cycling shoes and I get paced part way home by a work colleague. The resulting time, 51 minutes, is my best for ages and that's despite practically stopping to avoid a dog running the wrong way around the Asda roundabout. I hope it was alright, I couldn't really do anything to help it.

Then it's time for my first class with MD. We drop Daughter off at L's parents house who live near by, whilst L goes out for a run with Doggo, which is possibly to avoid another viewing of Mamma Mia which is apparently ready to roll in their DVD player.

Class goes well, although it includes a lot of heelwork. Something I haven't really attempted with MD but all credit to L, his stays, waits and recalls are all excellent. We also do some agility related stuff, which is the whole point of me going and I must say he looks promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment