Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Not To Be Trusted Two-Wheel Thing

I leave the not to be trusted two-wheel thing at home, a sentiment that L would agree with or in her case anything at all that has wheels. Instead, I run into work, where my new Ipod gadget malfunctions and refuses to track my distance. It really isn't my week. That apart, it wasn't a bad run. Still a bit icy underfoot though. Despite that, L, the brave girl, is on her bike again.

I look on the internet to see if there are any clues posted there as to why my gadget isn't working. Someone suggests getting the chip correct way up on your shoe... yep, that does the trick.

I know I really shouldn't analyse the Brit Awards; it's just not worth it. I mean, that Duffy character is incredibly popular; her album was (inexplicably) the biggest-selling album last year and as for Coldplay, well...

But someone tell me how Scouting For Girls can be up for best live act. True they nearly got an award off me, in my top gigs of the year list, but they were vying for bottom spot with the Hoosiers and it was a very very close decision but they narrowly lost. Sorry lads.

The nominations for the international category are a very different story: - AC/DC, Fleet Foxes, The Killers, Kings of Leon and MGMT, now there some quality there. When compared with the UK nominees it makes it look as though British music is in a bad way, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Talking of music, we can now all sleep easy in our beds tonight because it’s arrived, Daughter's new Ipod. Now she can stop nagging me. Please.

I get the Red Arrow back to Nottingham and then run to the pool, carrying my kit in my rucksack, which isn't as hard work as I expected. The pool is again manic. One thing about not using my bike, it means I'm going to get a lot of running miles in.

No comments:

Post a Comment