Monday, December 07, 2009

Winter Route

No ice today as I bike in, all the same I stick to my easier, flatter, less prone to icing winter route. It’s also better lit, on these dark mornings, as regards street lighting.

Nottingham, through a company called Ucycle and together with Sustrans, are running a scheme aimed at getting students on to their bikes. They’ll be stressing the cheapness of cycling as a mode of transport. Students will be able to hire bikes for the entire academic year for a nominal fee, get free training and get discounts on cycling kit. There’ll also be new cycle routes in and around the city's university campuses. Just hope they don’t have to stray out into wider Nottingham, where the cyclist isn’t made very welcome at all.

The weather turns incredibly foul in the afternoon. It’s not nice to run in which is what L is doing tonight. Mind you I ought to try my legs out again as I have a race on Saturday. I did try a short run yesterday, around a mile, very slowly and it seemed to go ok. Need to try another one soon, a bit longer and harder.

After their run, L and co are off out for a bit of a Christmas celebration. It’s L’s first rave up of the season. I’ve had several already, I’m not proud to say and none of them have been remotely Christmassy. She’s promised to be good, healthy and hopefully AF. That’s no good. Where’s her Xxxxxmas spirit.

Oh yes... the weather’s also a bit wet to bike home in but thankfully it eases by 5pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment