Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The New Prison Cell

My drinking partner for tonight informs me that he’s feeling ‘rough as a pile of dog doo’. Thanks for that, just saying he was ill would have done. So that’s my evening rescheduled. So I go off Christmas card delivering and then manage to fit a swim in, for the first time in ages. I’ve got to do some kind of exercise as outdoors isn’t conducive to much. We do after all have a 10k race on the 28th and before that a lesser one on the 26th.

One of MD’s Christmas presents arrives, the one he didn’t want, his new prison cell, I mean cage.



Very quickly delivered it was, as have all my online orders this year. Since everyone stopped using the Royal Mail to deliver stuff, service levels seem to have gone up, funny that. The only thing I’m waiting for now it the traditionally tardy Virgin Wines, or else we’ll have nothing to drink on the day itself. They say its guaranteed delivery in time for Christmas, wonder if that’s even if they have to drop it down your chimney on the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment