Wednesday, December 23, 2009

There’s Always Tomorrow

Intended to get the bus this morning but overslept. However it’s so icy I’m kind of glad I didn’t get the bus and have to skate in to work from Derby. It’s looking like its going to be a full week in the car. It’s been a long time since I last did that. Also thankfully I didn’t have to go out attached to two collies as L did, which must have been interesting. Last night was coldest it’s been so far, -16 in Scotland apparently. They’ve had a fair dump of snow up there; Nevis Range is fully open and looking very tempting. Although as soon as we decide to go up it usually all melts.

L’s started the search for something unusual for Christmas Day as it’s just the two of us for lunch. Fish is our favoured option but Sainsbury’s has nothing that’s wild or exciting. We'll end up having a pork chop at this rate. Then she has success down the market and has to choose between Swordfish and Conger Eel. Swordfish wins and if she gets two we can draw swords at dawn and have a battle.



Back on the squash court tonight. I lose, of course but it’s just good to be back and be fit enough to do so. I can feel the lack of recent exercise in my legs afterwards though.

Then its home to spend the evening wrapping presents. I think I’ve got something for everyone, if not there’s always tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment