Saturday, July 04, 2009

The Shower Problem

I delay getting out of bed for as long as possible, for several reasons. One of them being I’m not sure my tired legs can climb into the bath tub to have a shower and if I do manage that I’m not sure I would be able to get out again.

In the end, all goes well on the shower front and I encore by cutting the grass, which exercises the dogs at the same time.

Then I settle down to watch the opening time trial of the Tour de France. Ours boys have got a lot to live up to with a GB professional team launched next year, an aim of winning Le Tour within five years and the fact that our women are already winning their version. Emma Pooley won this year’s, emulating Nicole Cooke who won it in 2006 and 2007.

In the end, the expected happens, Fabian Cancellara yet again but Bradley Wiggins comes in third. Bradley will have aspirations of snatching the lead in the next time trial, the team one, which comes on Tuesday, but first there are a couple of stages for Mr Cavendish to get his teeth in to.

My legs are still bearing up well, so we wander into town for a few jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment