Monday, July 13, 2009

Is It All Over For Apples?

I cycled in bathed in glorious sunshine, so good I had to get the shades out. An hour later the British summer is back in its box and it’s raining again. Although on this occasion it’s partly Son’s fault, as he’s been away camping for the last two nights at two semi-secret locations in Nottingham, even he doesn’t seem totally sure where he was.

Talking of teenagers, incredibly the NHS in Sheffield has brought out a new leaflet advising youngsters ‘that an orgasm a day keeps the doctor away’. Now I may be getting on a bit but when I was a lad it was an apple. Which isn’t the same thing at all and I’ve no idea whether it worked or not because I’ve never been that fond of apples. Perhaps apples are no longer relevant because people are achieving their five portions of fruit and veg a day. So is it all over for apples?

At least it will do wonders for the Government’s teenage pregnancy targets. Not.

Typically the next downpour comes just as I’m leaving work. I hang on a bit and it does stop, but still I have to splash home through the puddles, which of course equals wet feet.

L’s running with MD tonight whilst I take Doggo training, so there’s bound to be at least one more rain shower to come.

Then after training its home for meat-free Monday, which aids the five portions of fruit and veg, and hopefully a spot of doctor evasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment